We all have a 24-hour day. Normal working people spend about 8-9 hours at work, above-average working people spend half a day at work, it doesn’t end at work, some of them continue at home. Before going to bed, we take into account the strategic planning of the coming day. With the pilling up of work tasks we can fall quickly into this working pace. A break at home office and the disappearance of standard work habits, which were a matter of course, also play a big role for us. We come to work, and we don’t know what to do and how to do it, we are all on the same boat. Work tasks are waiting for us on the desk and maybe we forgot how to do them.
A few days ago, I was sitting on the terrace for the first time, a confused waitress came to see me, asked me the same question twice, and then the restless person accidentally took my unfinished coffee. I laughed a bit and asked her to let me finish the coffee. Nervous and uneasy, she told me “I’m sorry, but I forgot what to ask and how to do it. After that long break, I forgot everything.” This nice girl is right, she just has to get into it again as well. Like all of us.
Can we meet all the obligations and keep a healthy time to regenerate the mind, body and rest of the psyche? We won’t stretch the time, or the day won’t be longer and we really need sleep for a good life, so let’s try it effectively …..
1. “To Do list “- It works very easily, you write down a list of your tasks. We start work on Monday, so we can break down the most important weekly tasks into a whole week. These tasks just have to be completed, we have them as the most important. Gradually, we will add smaller tasks, such as meetings, phone calls and e-mail communication. Let’s not overwhelm our days with detailed little things. What we need to do is prioritize.
- 3 most important / must be done first
- 3 less important / will be done after the completion of the 3 most important
- 3 simple tasks, handling of which does not require such an effort and is actually pleasant
2. Eliminate distractions – My personal experience is that the vast majority of problems that people with time management have are the result of distractions, through websites, social media (facebook, instagram, whatsapp …), the overall use of the phone while working on anything other than telephoning distracts us. When you have a disrupted daily routine, you need to move away from this distraction.
- Switch off the mobile phone
- Place it out of reach of hands
- Consider installing site blocking software that prevents you from accessing or at least minimizing pop-up social media pages
3. Regular breaks at work – During work, they are one of the most effective ways to ensure that productivity is maintained. A well-timed break will restore your energy and concentration. “When I can’t move any longer to solve a situation, I’ll take a break for a few minutes, something will always cross my mind, I’ll just divert my attention to something else, and then ‘buum’, it will come, great idea or solution.”
To think that through a full 8 to 12-hour activity I can handle a larger volume of work is stupid, it only leads to another loss of time and inefficiency.
Exceptions are cases (Albert Einstein) when you are so focused and engulfed by a new project that you just can’t stop.
4. Dividing a task – Dividing one large task that you postpone into smaller parts will ensure its gradual completion. A task that may initially appear impossible will be completed step by step. Try to visualize it as a series of smaller, easy-to-manage components.
This will do a miracle, after smaller steps you will complete everything on time and in good quality.
5. Become more efficient– No matter what you do, there are definitely one or more techniques to simplify your work. Maybe a colleague will advise you something or read a few “tricks”
6. Accept your own limits – Even if you work at 150%, sometimes you just can’t do more. We have our limits, just accept them and do not uselessly chase after achieving the goals in an unhealthy way and without control. Accept that there are limits to your productivity, efficiency and ability to manage your time, treat yourself with sufficient rest.
Effective time management can not only help you find more hours a day and get a good night’s sleep, but also by reducing stress and anxiety levels you can ensure that you get healthier and trouble-free sleep. The most considerable benefits of better time management include:
- Easily achieving your goals
- Finding stability in life
- Improving relationships
- Reducing procrastination and loss of time
- Increasing productivity
- Finding more free time
- Reducing frustration
- Promoting your career
- Getting a satisfaction from life
- Improving your health
Starting work in the office or re-meeting with colleagues, meetings and work tasks do not have to be a stress, just plan them nicely and effectively ….